Today I met Dean from the Fenestration College to finish off the last bit of paperwork and to make sure I was up to date with what I am doing. Dean was extremely helpful and cleared up any questions I had! Here is what I have in store for the next few months..
The apprenticeship is split into three different sections, some online work answering question, my NVQ and practical work and my functional skills. I will explain a bit more about them ..
The online questions are my Technical Knowledge Certificate, this comes in 5 parts
- Understanding health and safety in the glass or glazing related industry
- Know how to install glass supporting frames
- Know how to contribute to the effectiveness of the glass related organisation
- Know how to accept delivery of, handle, position and store glass related products and materials
- Know how to carry out quality checks of glass related products and materials
Learning about COSHH, PPE, industry code of practice all come into this.
Then I have my NVQ part which is when I will out on site being assessed, I will probably be fitting a window and a door for this. I will be observed to make sure I have taken in everything I need to learn.
I will also have to complete my Functional Skills which is a maths and English test, I can do this in the office supervised by a member of the Fenestration College.
So I am very excited to get on with this, I have already completed some of the technical knowledge certificate questions and am arranging to go out on site on a more regular basis!
Leigh will also be completing an Apprenticeship in Surveying! He signed up for this on Dean’s last visit, I may do a section on my blog about this too.
I will update again next time I am out on site 🙂